Hapag-Lloyd are using Essence to provide proven agile practice options for teams to adopt and adapt, enable coaches to facilitate practice adoption and improvement, provide for tailored approaches for different types of project, and achieve transparency of status and health for effective governance.
“We knew ours was an atypical and challenging audience for a workshop like this, but the outcome was a triumph, and was extremely effective in achieving our ambitious goals.” Fujitsu and IJI go Agile with Essence Blog Article by Rob Devlen, Fujitsu
Essence is a Key Enabler to Manufacturer’s Agile Transformation
- An agile way of working spread to 5,000 practitioners within two years by using an Essence-based Practice Architecture
- A sustainable path to agility was created - teams could incrementally improve their way of working and growing
- Practices provided standardization which helped practitioners share and learn best practices
Kernel and Language for Software Engineering Methods
- The OMG ESSENCE standard has helped guarantee consistency across the board for all software development projects
- It helps create a learning organization by providing a solid basis and framework for the discussion and integration of learning
- It helps the teams in their daily work to measure progress and health; and it helps Munich Re in scaling agile
Thinking, Communicating and Collaborating Using Essence
Ivar Jacobson International provided a three-day workshop on the Essence standard to the development team at a large multinational corporation specializing in Internet services. Learn about our Essence training and what the team thought.